2017-12-23

Fedora 27

Fedora 27 overview screenshot
I installed Fedora 27 Workstation edition in my desktop computer last December 1, and it's still running without any glitches for a few weeks now.  It has gone through several updates and it's presently using the 4.14.7 kernel version.  I tried this Linux distribution, replacing my Ubuntu box just from curiosity.  Ubuntu is running perfectly though and it's a very good Linux distribution, if one may inquire.

I noticed immediately that Fedora updates opaquely (somewhat like Windows), as opposed to Ubuntu where updates are installed and presented in a separate window.  In Fedora, the computer has to restart or shutdown first before updates are applied.  This is okay with me but others may not be (I guess this behavior can be tweaked).  It uses GNOME (version 3.26.2) as default environment, same as in Ubuntu.

"The truth will make you free."
~Jesus (John 8.32 RSV)

No comments: