2017-08-22

Chess for Android Game

Chess is an enduring game, and I have been out for some years now.  My last chess blog was 7 years ago.  But then a few days back I was looking for a good chess game on Android and I found Chess for Android and I installed it immediately.  I've been out of this game and I'm a bit rusty, and I found its BikJump chess engine (Java version) very strong.  In the chess game here, I play Black (Queen's gambit accepted) against the app, using the lowest strength of the game (at level 1 [fast]), effectively giving the computer less than a second to thinkChessgames.com gives the opening a winning odds for white though.  I won the game but it took me a lot of effort to do so!  I can imagine if the strength is put to its maximum level.  The app also has very nice options.

With the frequent blackouts here in the Philippines, I find more time in playing this royal game.  Happy playing!

No comments: