2005-07-23

Up On The Roof

Sometimes I'm asked by friends why there's a lot of trouble around; it seems that we're surprised.  Trouble of any kind is apparent in all parts of the globe.  Bombings are now current in London, Egypt and Iraq; corners show utter poverty and unemployment.  Situation is often aggravated by politicians, whom we as citizens should be wary of.  One small thing about a political enemy is exaggerated to astronomical proportions!  Law makers are the first to break the Law!
 
A very powerful appliance that contributes to the chaos is the TV; media becomes very powerful in trashing the minds of people, especially the young.  People, we have a choice!  If you can't do away with the TV completely, at least find better alternatives once in a while.  Maybe think about the following song.  Let's go back to nature!  One reason why I like James Taylor...
 
Up On The Roof
by Gerry Goffin and Carole King
 
When this old world
Starts getting me down
And people are just too much
For me to face
I climb 'way up
To the top of the stairs
And all my cares
Just drift right in to space.
 
On the roof
It's peaceful as can be
And there the world below
Can't bother me.
 
Let me tell you now,
When I come home
Feelin' tired and beat
I go up where the air
Is fresh and sweet.
 
I get away
From the hustling crowds
And all that rat race noise
Down in the street.
 
On the roof's
The only place I know
Where you just have to wish
To make it so.
 
Oh, let's go up on the roof.
At night the stars
Put on a show for free
And, darling, you can share it all
with me.
 
I keep tellin' you,
Right smack dead in the middle
of town
I found a paradise
That's trouble proof.
 
So if this world starts
Getting you down,
There's room enough for two
Up on the roof,
Up on the roof.
 
Ev'rything is all right up on
the roof.
Oh, come on, baby up on
the roof.
Up on the roof.

No comments: